# HG changeset patch # User Henry S. Thompson # Date 1724952395 -3600 # Node ID c7bc21a3f0abbddf2425afe899feb66e7155cef4 # Parent 3e3bb03bb715142efb87a0f9423bc4307174395f as sent to MHMC, MEK diff -r 3e3bb03bb715 -r c7bc21a3f0ab MHMC/2024-08-27/minutes.html --- /dev/null Thu Jan 01 00:00:00 1970 +0000 +++ b/MHMC/2024-08-27/minutes.html Thu Aug 29 18:26:35 2024 +0100 @@ -0,0 +1,183 @@ + + +Meeting House Management Committee 2024-08-27 Minutes

Meeting House Management Committee 2024-08-27 Minutes


1. +Attendance

  • Present +  Rachel Fitzgerald (RF), Katrina McCrea (KM), Laragh +Quinney (LQ), Henry S. Thompson (HST), Majk Stokes (MS) in part
  • Prevented +  J. P. Ascher (network problems)

2. +Convenor’s report

2.1. 4F Upper Bow shower

2 days after move-in shower packed up, needed new shower and cable, +made good plaster and tile, after 12 days :-(. Details of costs are with +Jackie.

2.2. Regular meetings with +staff

2.2.1. With Rachel +2024-08-15

Extra WiFi has never worked

Decided not to have +soup-making to go ahead for Sunday 1 September as Kitchen not in good enough +state.

2.2.2. With Henry +2024-08-29

See actions in Contract +staff below

2.3. Fire +Alarm upgrade

Deposit of £500 was paid by Hartley Kemp (HK)

Beeper which gives feedback on button-press is no longer happening +:-(

HK asked for a call with HST but never rang.

[HK emailed on 2024-08-29 and +requested relief and/or participation. This will have to be the subject of a +between-meetings decision via email]

2.4. Kitchen toilet leak into +Hideout Café

£40 paid to Hassan for his plumber, our plumber did nothing, hasn’t +billed (yet).

2.5. +Hiring

We AGREED that we would (seek to) interview any job-sharing +applicants both at once, in person.

HST to post all +applications to Dropbox

We AGREED target interview dates of 30/9 and 4/10, all day, here

HST to book the Bow Room

2.5.1. +4F sublet query

we AGREED that HST can say that living in at least during the week is a +requirement of taking the flat, no subletting.

2.6. Trustees meeting +2024-08-20

Trustees approved contracting with Peter Young, +“subject to John Renshaw” - see Carpets below.

3. Café

Ian Wilson is keen to do a more substantial café offering vegetarian food, but is +willing to undertake a 'pop-up' trial period. Office will ask him in for a chat +in due course.

4. C Arts

Setup and +ongoing management suffered from being short-staffed, as well as the +complexity arising from there being two types of staff: Paid and volunteer. +There were two changes of venue manager in quick succession early on.

5. +Carpets

We AGREED on the “Sea Blue” sample tile.

MS to finalise arrangements with Peter Young, then ask Jackie +Noltingk (JN) for a deposit of £4000 to be sent to them.

At this point MS left the meeting.

6. Business as usual +September–December

6.1. +Contract staff

HST to let staff know that the existing uplift will continue +until the new Manager is in post [DONE].

HST to offer MS the title of Acting Manager in time for the +Thursday meeting [DONE].

6.2. +Casual staff

Not in a rush to appoint, for a range of reasons, but will look to +advertise again in September.

6.3. End +of lets

HST and MS will do two walk-throughs of the Meeting House and both flats with HK, one on Friday 30 September to +look for issues, one on at a time subsequent to C Venues and their staff having +left for good.

6.4. Meeting Room microphones

New light fittings won’t support old mic cables.

MS to liase with Keith Gunn to ask them to minimise the visual +impact of the trays – above the lights, perhaps? [DONE: Keith Gunn +say that over the +lights should be possible.]

7. Payment for use of Johnston +Terrace garden

We AGREE to pay £200 to the Scottish Wildlife Trust for that.

JN to arrange for this payment.

8. Planning for debriefing +meetings

8.1. +Internal

Overtaken, staff meeting on Thursday will in fact do this.

8.2. +With Hartley

HST to find out how long HK is going to be in Edinburgh, and +arrange a walk-through for Friday or Saturday, include MS in +planning. [Overtaken in part: initial walk-through agreed for +Friday, request for date for final walk-through sent to HK]

Wrt a follow-on contract, MSMC can have our own discussion about that +in late September/early October.

Paradise Green not interested in adding Venue 40. Greenside might be +worth contacting again.

\ No newline at end of file diff -r 3e3bb03bb715 -r c7bc21a3f0ab MHMC/2024-08-27/minutes.pdf Binary file MHMC/2024-08-27/minutes.pdf has changed diff -r 3e3bb03bb715 -r c7bc21a3f0ab MHMC/2024-08-27/minutes.xml --- /dev/null Thu Jan 01 00:00:00 1970 +0000 +++ b/MHMC/2024-08-27/minutes.xml Thu Aug 29 18:26:35 2024 +0100 @@ -0,0 +1,84 @@ + + + + + Meeting House Management Committee 2024-08-27 Minutes + Henry S. Thompson + Tuesday 27 +August, 5 p.m.7 Victoria Terrace + + + +
+Attendance + + Rachel Fitzgerald (RF), Katrina McCrea (KM), Laragh +Quinney (LQ), Henry S. Thompson (HST), Majk Stokes (MS) in part + J. P. Ascher (network problems) +
+Convenor’s report
4F Upper Bow shower

2 days after move-in shower packed up, needed new shower and cable, +made good plaster and tile, after 12 days :-(. Details of costs are with +Jackie.

Regular meetings with +staff
With Rachel +2024-08-15

Extra WiFi has never worked

Decided not to have +soup-making to go ahead for Sunday 1 September as Kitchen not in good enough +state.

With Henry +2024-08-29 +

See actions in Contract +staff below

Fire +Alarm upgrade

Deposit of £500 was paid by Hartley Kemp (HK)

Beeper which gives feedback on button-press is no longer happening +:-(

HK asked for a call with HST but never rang.

+

[HK emailed on 2024-08-29 and +requested relief and/or participation. This will have to be the subject of a +between-meetings decision via email]

+
Kitchen toilet leak into +Hideout Café

£40 paid to Hassan for his plumber, our plumber did nothing, hasn’t +billed (yet).

+Hiring

We AGREED that we would (seek to) interview any job-sharing +applicants both at once, in person.

HST to post all +applications to Dropbox

We AGREED target interview dates of 30/9 and 4/10, all day, here

+

HST to book the Bow Room

+
+4F sublet query

we AGREED that HST can say that living in at least during the week is a +requirement of taking the flat, no subletting.

Trustees meeting +2024-08-20

Trustees approved contracting with Peter Young, +“subject to John Renshaw” - see Carpets below.

Café

Ian Wilson is keen to do a more substantial café offering vegetarian food, but is +willing to undertake a 'pop-up' trial period. Office will ask him in for a chat +in due course.

C Arts

Setup and +ongoing management suffered from being short-staffed, as well as the +complexity arising from there being two types of staff: Paid and volunteer. +There were two changes of venue manager in quick succession early on.

+Carpets

We AGREED on the “Sea Blue” sample tile.

+

MS to finalise arrangements with Peter Young, then ask Jackie +Noltingk (JN) for a deposit of £4000 to be sent to them.

+At this point MS left the meeting. +
+
Business as usual +September–December
+Contract staff

HST to let staff know that the existing uplift will continue +until the new Manager is in post [DONE].

HST to offer MS the title of Acting Manager in time for the +Thursday meeting [DONE].

+Casual staff

Not in a rush to appoint, for a range of reasons, but will look to +advertise again in September.

End +of lets +

HST and MS will do two walk-throughs of the Meeting House and both flats with HK, one on Friday 30 September to +look for issues, one on at a time subsequent to C Venues and their staff having +left for good.

+
Meeting Room microphones

New light fittings won’t support old mic cables.

+

MS to liase with Keith Gunn to ask them to minimise the visual +impact of the trays – above the lights, perhaps? [DONE: Keith Gunn +say that over the +lights should be possible.]

Payment for use of Johnston +Terrace garden

We AGREE to pay £200 to the Scottish Wildlife Trust for that.

+

JN to arrange for this payment.

+
Planning for debriefing +meetings
+Internal

Overtaken, staff meeting on Thursday will in fact do this.

+With Hartley

HST to find out how long HK is going to be in Edinburgh, and +arrange a walk-through for Friday or Saturday, include MS in +planning. [Overtaken in part: initial walk-through agreed for +Friday, request for date for final walk-through sent to HK]

Wrt a follow-on contract, MSMC can have our own discussion about that +in late September/early October.

Paradise Green not interested in adding Venue 40. Greenside might be +worth contacting again.

Date of next meeting +

TBA.

+